Sunday, May 20, 2012

Image Editing- photoshop post-processing stages

I would like to show the way I edited my images. My aim was to produce a quite vintage 'analogue' look as I believe this style reflects the senility of photographed buildings.

original 'raw' b&w image

In terms of tones and contrast my editing was mainly based on using curves.

this is a rough curve setting I mostly applied to all my images. I gives a stronger contrast but also brightens the black parts of an image adding a little bit of 'analogue film camera' feel to it.

Before and after the curves


As I was very inspired by Tomasz Gudzowaty's work who uses a selective focusing technique I decided to play with blur filters and aplly them around the corners of an image giving a little bit more plasticity.



My final stage was to add some grain to emulate the film grain.


To get the best resoult I used a 'linear light' blend mode to apply the grain texture to my image.

No comments:

Post a Comment