Saturday, May 19, 2012

Visual and technical approach


In terms of technical aspects, aesthetics and post-production for this project I’ve been working with canon 5D mark ii and manual Zenit lens 50mm f1.8.  The reason for my choice to shoot in Black & white mode was that textures and tones are much stronger and vivid when displayed in a grey scale. Also for some reason I personally tend to associate documentary photography with black & white rather than a colour. In addition to that, black & white adds more drama to an image.

 During working on this project I had my canon 5d mark ii body but I didn't have an appropriate canon lens. I had to use a manual zenit lens with m42 adapter ring. However the results were qute satisfying as I wanted to shoot with aperture widely opened to achieve shallow depth of field emulating a style of polish photographer (tomasz Gudzowaty) whose style is mainly based on selective focusing  within an image.




  


 Tomasz Gudzowaty is a multiple laureate of World Press Photo awards. 

link to official website: http://www.gudzowaty.com/ 



 I got really inspired by this photographer. I really like this imperfection in terms of sharpness of an image and also the way it's presented (burned edges etc.) Shallow depth of field adds a lot of plasticity and creates nice selective focugins emphasizing main objects. In terms of visual approach this style is something that I will be aiming for at the stage of post production process.

No comments:

Post a Comment