Saturday, May 19, 2012

Proposal



Directions within Photographic Communication- Book Project Proposal

My concept for this module is to create a series of black & white photographs containing continuous theme and to use them as the main element of my book. During my stay In Poland for Easter I decided to take the opportunity to take some journal photographs and snapshots of local areas in my City. Nevertheless the aim I set myself was not to photograph the beauty site of the city but to present the potential and visual strength of neglected buildings, architectural elements and streets. Through my series of images I will also try to create social message showing poor governance and untruthfulness of local authorities. There is a quote written on the wall in one of my images that in literal translations says: ‘in each suffering there’s always some promise inscribed’. I think it’s a good evidence of lack of confidence/trust of middle class society.

Lately, I’ve been looking at 2012 World Press Photo winning photographs and somehow this inspired me to choose this theme. Apart from the social message involved in this series there is another reason why I decided to photograph neglected subjects. Nowadays everything changes very quickly. New glass buildings replace the old ones. Something that exists now may disappear in next three weeks. Transience and vanishing are kind of an issue for those who search for something extraordinary and uncommon. Most of buildings in my series are not in use anymore.


My aims and objectives for this module are to improve my skills and knowledge in terms of publishing my work and creating visual harmony and thematic continuity when putting my images in a particular order.

No comments:

Post a Comment